1. Go to your WordPress admin dashboard. Hover over Pages and select “Add New.”
2. On the new page, set “Blog” as the title and leave the page blank. Click “publish” in the top right corner.
3. Create another new page. Name this one “Home.” Add whatever content you would like to be displayed on your homepage. Publish.
4. Go to Settings > Reading.
5. In the front page display settings, check “a static page.” For the front page, choose “Home” from the drop down. For the posts page, choose “Blog” from the drop down.
6. Save changes.
7. To add widgets to your home page, go to WordPress > Appearance > Widgets. You can add widgets to the Home Top, Home Middle, and Home Bottom widget areas. You could add a slider, call to action buttons – anything you’d like! If you would like your home page to be full width, follow this tutorial.